Named after the Roman Emperor Augustus Caesar, because a number of lucky events in his life happened in August.
It became regarded as a fortunate month for Rome also because during that month, Augustus Caesar three times entered Rome in triumph and Egypt was brought under the authority of the Roman people after Augustus Caesar defeated Mark Antony and Cleopatra.
The popular boys’ name Augustus comes from the Latin word Augustus which means great and worthy of respect and Augusta, the distinguished woman bound for greatness.
August in the modern world is regarded as a good month for reversing bad luck or loss, for gaining opportunities previously denied and the opening of doors that have been closed; fortunate also for learning healing techniques and starting fitness regimes, for the fulfilment of earlier plans and projects that were delayed, for getting what is owed and finding or recovering what is lost
Crystals for bringing good luck in August include green aventurine, jade, peridot, and moss agate.
The August Angel is Hamaliel, the perfectionist and angel of health, surrounded by misty forest green. Hamaliel encourages going the extra mile to get things right rather than cutting corners, paying attention to detail and persevering with routine but necessary tasks to save problems later with overdue paperwork or official forms.
She also advocates reorganizing the home or workplace to make it more efficient, trying new health supplements and alternative treatments especially where conventional medicine is not working, starting a new budget and dealing with crises old and ongoing logically without running around like a headless chicken.
Her challenges are avoiding worrying over nothing, becoming over obsessed by details and missing the bigger picture, setting yourself impossible targets and refusing to accept anything or anyone less than perfect.
An August Spell for amazing good fortune.
You will need:
A lucky charm, medallion, favourite jewellery or green crystal. Green aventurine is especially lucky.
An incense stick in a holder, preferably in a flower fragrance.
A small dish of salt.
A green candle.
A dish of soil.
- Put the charm, jewellery or crystal in front of the candle.
- Light the green candle and say Good luck be mine.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt into the candle and say Burn bright and light the way to amazing good fortune.
- Light the incense from the candle and, holding it in your hand like a smoke pen, write in circles in the air around the charm, Good luck be mine, repeating the words at the same time.
- Write and speak faster and faster even if the smoke letters are jumbling .
When you can write and speak no faster, plunge the burning end of the incense stick into the soil and say Good luck is mine.
- Let the candle burn through.
- Tip away the remaining salt under a running tap repeating Good luck is mine, crush the incense stick when cool into the soil and bury it still in the soil in a plant pot or the garden, saying May good luck grow.
Wear or carry the charm, jewellery or crystal. Keep it with any lottery tickets and touch it whenever you need extra good luck, saying the words Good luck is mine
Think lucky and you will be lucky. Happy August.