A happy April from Debi, Caitie and Cassandra.
April springs fresh in the Northern hemisphere, scattering the blossoms, a stir-crazy month of shimmering sunbeams, sudden frost and the showers that tease in the breeze the moment we take off our coats. Birds are bustling with straws and grasses and pieces of rush matting stolen from suburban patios to make their nests and already lambs are tottering across the meadows.
The month is named after Aphrodite, Greek goddess of love, the sea and beauty and also Aprilis or Aphrilis, a goddess of the Etruscans, the people who once inhabited central Italy; she was associated with flowers and fertility.
Magically April promises love and fertility, creativity, increase in any aspect of life, especially health and money, for beauty, healing and happiness.
Asmodel, angel of harmony whose special colour is pink or green, whose fragrance is rose and whose crystal rose quartz, is the Angel of April. Never has harmony been more needed than this April in the war-torn world where millions are displaced from their homes and death and destruction rage through ravaged lands.
April too brings for many soaring energy costs where families must choose between eating and heating their homes, devastation in lands where there are floods and extremes of weather and where the pandemic still extends her tentacles across the world.
This is an Asmodel angel of harmony April ritual to call new life and preserve belief, even where this seems hard to imagine.
You will need :
Five pink candles along the base of the mirror so their light reflects in the mirror
Any time in April, for five days after dark.
- On night 1 light the first left-hand candle.
- Say: Asmodel Angel of Radiance, Let harmony and peace grow, as this candle glows, Asmodel make this be, double the light, let it be so.
- Blow out the candle, sending light and peace and relief of suffering to all who need it.
- On night 2, light the original candle and the next candle to its right repeating the words and actions.
- On night 3 light three candles including the original ones repeating the words and actions.
- On night 4 add the fourth candle to the three already lit, repeating the words and actions.
- On night 5 when all five candles are alight say: Asmodel, as candles glow may we know that hope will grow and new life flow, April welcome, welcome sun.
- Let the candles burn through and plan some small but significant practical help if you can.
And so we greet April and look forward to brighter days in the world.