Welcome to the Full Moon on January 17 at at 6:48 p.m. EST (2248 GMT) called the Wolf Moon. The Seneca nation believed a wolf gave birth to the moon by singing her into the sky and in the northern hemisphere at the darkest coldest time (for the time of the full moon rise in your own location see timeanddate.com) we seek her light now, as last year, more eagerly than ever.
This full moon in cancer will bring emotions to the forefront. For some of us it will mean we have to face the challenges we've been avoiding head on and for others it may mean we have to lie low and let over emotional people flow over us, let them have their drama without a reaction. It is a turning point for many of us, as we step lightly forward in to the new year, with hopes and expectations. It is a time to let go of the old things that haven't worked out and bring on the new adventure; however big or small.
The Cancerian Full Moon is ruled by Muriel the silvery Angel of dreams and realistic wishes you can make come true through your own efforts. Muriel rides her magical carpet through the skies and on this moon, anything seems possible-and indeed it can be if you come out of the shell of self-doubt and ignore the discouragement of those who gain security from you staying just the same, ready and waiting to fulfil their needs.
Call on this moon for happiness at home, for family, children and fidelity, for bringing imaginative projects into the public arena, also for keeping necessary secrets, especially love that cannot be revealed because one or both partners are not free, for conceiving a baby, for overcoming a relationship problem or betrayal, for major home renovations or refurbishing, for protection of the home and family, particularly against accidents or hostile neighbours.
Dare to dream and to do, knowing those dreams are attainable through hard work and perseverance to open new doors, even as old ones slam shut. Your discarded or not fully developed talents are waiting in the wings to dance centre stage and receive the long overdue accolades of your worth.
Dare to love, to reach out risking hurt and rejection and if you are turned down then there is a whole world of love and life and fulfilment and an ocean of adventure beyond the rock pools of limitation.
Reach out to make your own good fortune....
You will need:
A smooth round white shell or white stone.
A permanent marker pen in green.
Timing: Any night leading up to the Cancerian full moon and/or full moon night or the day or two after.
- Write 'Good luck come to me' all over the shell inside and out.
- Take it out into the moonlight and say, 'Lady of the Moon, lady of the Moon, good luck be with me, stay with me, lady of the Moon'.
- Begin to turn around in alternate directions holding your good luck shell between your hands, very fast, all the while chanting the spell words.
- When you go dizzy and see the moon rushing towards you, sit down on the ground still holding the shell and whisper, 'So good fortune rushes to meet me, I thank you, Lady Moon for blessings soon to be received'.
- Sleep with the shell or stone beside you until the writing fades, in which case on the following full moon night or just before, cast it in water and make a new good luck shell moon charm.